HISTORY town house on Black Eagle
At The Black Eagle, since 1958 as a protected cultural monument, it belongs to thebest-preserved townhouses in the heart of Kromeriz. Construction of transformation,whereby an object for more than half a millennium of its existence had passed, wellillustrated with time-varying demands for quality middle-class homes. For the end of the 13 - 14 century, the plot can probably count on the house today with mostly woodenbuildings.
Late 15 century brick house has stood, from which are still preserved barrel vaultedcellar in the town square and stone masonry with a load passports on the ground floor. In the first decades of the 16th century building was substantially rebuilt - in front of the square then get the arcade, which remained the central pillar of the arch part of the brickremains of the original plaster, still visible today, the younger landing. The older housewas in the early 16th century extended into the yard, and probably also increased theone-story form. In this reconstruction was used for high Kromeriz typical brick - the so-called "cakes", as seen for example on the stairs to the basement vault. In the secondhalf of the 16th century was extensive Renaissance reconstruction of the house. This period has been preserved in the former vault comb and some other arcade vault floor,as central part of the court wing remnant open arcade.
In the second half of the 17th century, when the house was owned by officials of theBishop's Court, conducted another presentation, presented today by some vaults in thebasement. Further, the reconstruction of the late Baroque era dates 1764 on a stoneportal in the cellar. Since 1734 the Pharmacy located in the house, later known as TheBlack Eagle.
In the early 19th century court house annex wing became the current size. Subsequently,in the 90 the 19th century, a new facade on the square and shop-window, now replaced with good copies. The current form of the house No. 24 to determine the reconstruction,according to a draft Ing. architect John KONECNY, Ph.D. in the years 2008 - 2009.